Explore Victoria’s Surf Coast, Encounter Wildlife, and Witness Natural Wonders
The Great Ocean Road beckons, inviting adventure-seekers and nature enthusiasts to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime experience through the captivating landscapes of Victoria’s Surf Coast. The Great Ocean Road Full Day Tour promises a day filled with breathtaking views, iconic landmarks, and encounters with Australia’s unique wildlife. Get ready to be enchanted by the rugged beauty of the coastline, the majesty of the Twelve Apostles, and the history of Loch Ard Gorge.
- Enjoy morning tea on the picturesque beaches of Victoria’s Surf Coast
- Scenic drive along the Great Ocean Road
- See the Twelve Apostles in Port Campbell National Park
- Visit the Loch Ard Gorge, the site of the Loch Ard shipwreck
- See koalas in their natural habitat in the eucalyptus forests of the Kennett River township
- Visit the charming coastal township of Apollo Bay
- A gentle walk in the Great Otway National Park
- Tours depart daily with hotel pick-ups from Melbourne city accommodation between 7am and 8am and returns between approximately 8.45pm and 9.15pm
Departure and Scenic Drive
The journey begins early, departing Melbourne at approximately 8:00 am. As you cross the Westgate Bridge, you’ll be treated to panoramic views of the city and the glistening waters of Port Phillip Bay. The knowledgeable guide will provide fascinating insights into the history of Victoria’s second-largest city, Geelong, as you make your way towards the Surf Coast.
Morning Tea and Torquay
Just outside the picturesque town of Torquay, the tour will make its first stop to enjoy a complimentary morning tea. With the soothing sound of waves in the background, relish the serene atmosphere as you savor your beverage amidst the enchanting coastal views. Energized and refreshed, the tour will continue along the Great Ocean Road, and your experienced driver-guide will share the road’s history and its place in Australian folklore.
Encounter Koalas in Kennet River
A true highlight of the tour awaits as you arrive at Kennet River township. Here, you will venture into the sweetly-scented eucalyptus forest to locate some of the local koalas in their native habitat. The koala population here is particularly strong, guaranteeing numerous sightings of these adorable marsupials.
View this post on Instagram
But that’s not all! Get up close and personal with the colourful local birdlife, with Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots eagerly accepting sunflower seeds from your hand.
Charming Apollo Bay
Next up on the tour, you will arrive at the delightful coastal township of Apollo Bay, where you can explore at your leisure. Meander through charming streets, browse local boutiques, and indulge in coastal cuisine. The relaxed atmosphere and stunning coastal views make Apollo Bay a true gem on this journey.
Stroll through the Great Otway National Park
View this post on Instagram
Venturing further, you will leave the ocean behind and delve into the spectacular Otway Ranges. Here, the tour will stop at Maits Rest to enjoy a tranquil walk through the cool temperate rainforest. The guide will accompany the group, providing insights into the world’s tallest flowering trees and fascinating ancient rainforest species that thrive in this unique environment.
The Iconic Twelve Apostles
As the tour proceeds towards Port Campbell National Park, the anticipation builds. Witness the breathtaking Twelve Apostles, where majestic limestone stacks rise dramatically from the Southern Ocean. The sheer beauty of this natural wonder will leave you awestruck. Take in the mesmerizing coastal scenery and capture unforgettable moments at this iconic landmark.
Loch Ard Gorge: Tragedy and Beauty Intertwined
The journey continues to the heart of the Shipwreck Coast – Loch Ard Gorge. Your guide will recount the tragic tale of the Loch Ard shipwreck that occurred in 1878, where only two souls survived from the 52 onboard. Despite the tragedy, the gorge remains an ethereal landscape of beauty and resilience. Explore the Razorback, the Dumpling Pots, and the Island Archway as you contemplate the power of nature.
Dinner Stop and Illuminated City View
On the way back to Melbourne, the tour will make a dinner stop to savour a satisfying meal and reflect on the incredible experiences of the day. The tour concludes with a stunning view of the illuminated city skyline as you cross the Westgate Bridge once again. With drop-off right back to your inner-city accommodation, you’ll reminisce about this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
Book Your Great Ocean Road Adventure Today
Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to explore the Great Ocean Road and its magnificent surroundings. Join this unforgettable tour, where every moment is infused with wonder, beauty and the spirit of exploration. Immerse yourself in the charm of coastal towns, witness the iconic Twelve Apostles, encounter koalas in their natural habitat, and feel the magic of the Great Ocean Road. Book your spot today and create memories that will last a lifetime!
- You are recommended to dress appropriately for all weather conditions. In warm weather, we strongly recommend bringing sunscreen and a hat. During winter, dress warmly as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold
- Pack snacks and a water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- Download the Go West Tours App from the App Store or Google Play Store prior to your departure for access to multi-language tour commentary available in Arabic, Malay, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese & Hindi
- Please be advised to arrive at your pickup location at least 15 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time
- Please indicate the name and location of your Melbourne city accommodation upon booking for pick up arrangement.
- No prams or strollers are permitted for the tour
- The operator is able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years old) or a child booster seat (4-8 years old) free of charge. Please note that there is only a limited number each day and they must be pre-booked with the tour operators