Welcome to Kyoto, a city steeped in rich history and cultural wonders! If you’re seeking an unforgettable adventure that encapsulates the essence of Japan, this Kyoto Day Tour is the perfect choice. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of Tenryu-ji Temple, the serene Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, the golden splendor of Kinkaku-ji Temple, and the mystical allure of Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine. Join the tour to explore Kyoto’s most famous sites in a single day, allowing you to embrace the city’s magic and charm.
Meeting Point: Gather at JR Kyoto Station Karasuma Exit Kyoto Sightseeing Bus Terminal at 9:50AM. Make sure to arrive at least 20 minutes before departure and present your voucher for the boarding ticket.
10:10 AM: Departure from Kyoto Station
12:30 PM: Explore Tenryu-ji Temple and Arashiyama (2 hours)
12:30 PM onwards: Free time for lunch and personal exploration with discount privileges in Arashiyama
1:50 PM: Visit Kankaku-ji Temple (40 minutes)
3:00 PM: Discover the enchanting Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (70 minutes)
4:10 PM: Depart from Fushimi Inari Tasha shrine and head back to Kyoto Station
Tenryu-ji Temple and its Enchanting Gardens:
First stop in Arashiyama is the legendary Tenryu-ji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most significant Zen temples in Kyoto. Stepping into the temple grounds, you’ll be captivated by the subtle allure of its traditional architecture and carefully manicured gardens.
The temple’s spacious garden, Sogenchi Teien, is a masterpiece of Japanese landscape design. It features a central pond surrounded by lush greenery, complemented by meticulously arranged rocks and elegant pavilions. As you stroll along the meandering paths, you’ll feel a sense of harmony and peace enveloping you, as if the garden itself is a sanctuary of serenity.
The Mystical Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
Leaving the temple grounds, you’ll venture into the mesmerizing Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. This ethereal bamboo forest is a sight like no other, where towering bamboo shoots create a natural canopy that filters the sunlight, casting enchanting patterns on the ground.
As you walk through the forest, you’ll be awestruck by the towering bamboo stalks swaying gently in the breeze, creating a symphony of rustling sounds. The ethereal ambience will transport you to a world of tranquility, allowing you to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life for a moment of introspection and inner peace.
Personal Free Time
After enjoying the guided portions of the tour, you’ll have approximately two hours of free time to explore Arashiyama at your own pace. This is the perfect opportunity to delve deeper into the district treasures, savoring its charming atmosphere and discovering hidden gems.
As part of the tour, you’ll receive the following discounts:
(1) Discounts on admission to Arashiyama Music Box Museum (there are closed days)
(2) Discounts on rickshaw rides/yakata bune (boat cruise)
(3) Discounts on footbath
(4) Discount prices for meals, drinks, and shopping
Kinkaku-ji Temple of Tranquility
Next up on the tour you will step into the enchanting world of Kinkaku-ji Temple, affectionately known as the Golden Pavilion. Prepare to be captivated by the breathtaking beauty and historical significance of this iconic cultural treasure, nestled in the serene northern part of Kyoto. The tour will lead you through the wonders of Kinkaku-ji, showcasing its Zen Buddhist architecture and Japanese garden design, as you embark on a journey into serenity and timeless elegance.
Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine
Last but not least, enter the mystical realm of Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, a revered Shinto sanctuary located at the base of Mount Inari in Kyoto. This tour promises an unforgettable encounter with ancient traditions and spiritual devotion. As you embark on this captivating journey, prepare to be mesmerized by the striking vermilion torii gates, immerse yourself in the spirit of Inari, and discover the profound connections between humanity and the divine.
Experience the serenity of Kyoto’s most famous sites, learn about their rich history and spiritual significance, and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
- Please be sure to show your mobile or paper voucher on the day of participation. If you do not present your mobile or paper voucher, you will not be able to collect your bus ticket. You will have to pay the total amount again locally to purchase a bus ticket.
- Adult rates apply to passengers of junior high school students and older (age: 12~ years old). Child rates apply to passengers from 6 to 11 years old. However, only 12 years old who is still in elementary school is still considered a child. Children under elementary school age are free of charge, but seats and meals will not be included. Please reserve a seat for the children too old to sit on parent’s laps. In that case, a child fee will be charged.
- The tour with the GPS multi-language (English, Chinese, Korean) earphone guide. You can choose the language channel you want, but the machine only has a signal in the bus. Please don’t take it out of the bus to avoid losing it. Don’t forget to return the interpreter at the end of the tour.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. Instead passengers can enjoy their lunch around Arashiyama area of their own choice.